News

Thumbnail

Rebuilding in New Jersey & How You Can Help

11/05/12

The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation and our program, JBJ Soul Kitchen, would like to thank everyone for their ongoing outreach, concern, and support. We appreciate the many messages we have received regarding the well-being and operational status of Soul Kitchen. We also appreciate the outpouring of support from those wanting to donate to help make a difference.

Our Board Chairman, Jon Bon Jovi, performed on a telethon on NBC on Friday, November 2nd to help raise money for the Red Cross that will assist with emergency relief efforts. Once the relief efforts turn to recovery, the Soul Foundation will be helping where we can with those who have lost their homes.

We are currently still assessing what opportunities exist for us to help rebuild in New Jersey. While it is early in the process, we know that many of us have seen the widespread devastation that have left many throughout the region without homes. We plan on helping where we can and will need your support to help make a difference...one SOUL at a time.

If you would like to donate to the JBJ Soul Foundation for rebuilding efforts, please click HERE

Below are immediate needs from some of our Community Partners in New Jersey. If you are able to donate items on their lists, please reach out to them directly so that they will receive your much needed donation faster:

Covenant House
If you would like to make a donation of:
- Water or non-perishable food items
- New socks, gloves, winter hats and winter coats
- Gas Gift Cards

- Clothing
- Blankets

Drop off for donations:
6 Herbert Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701

732-747-9000

For mailing donations, please mail to the main office:
Hispanic Affairs and Resource Center
913 Sewall Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712

Or visit HERE

United Way of Monmouth County
If you would like to make a donation of:
- “Cleaning kits” - a pail or bucket with bleach, gloves, sponges, paper towels and household cleaner with bleach
- Outdoor cleaning items such as heavy gloves, contractor bags, rakes, push brooms
- Baby diapers - all sizes - and baby wipes
- “Pop top” canned food, meals-in-a-can (beef stew, ravioli, beef-a-roni, etc)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Bottled Water

Please mail or drop off your donations to:
United Way of Monmouth County
Thompson Park
805 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738

New Jersey Anti-Hunger Coalition (NJAHC)

As you know, communities across New Jersey were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. Emergency food providers throughout the state are responding to the disaster and need your help.

Please visit the NJAHC website at www.njahc.org and click on How to Help to find a food pantry or soup kitchen nearest you and contact them directly to donate food and/or funds.

Thank you for helping our neighbors in need during this difficult time.

Message from Jon Bon Jovi:
IN THE DAYS AND WEEKS FOLLOWING SEPTEMBER 11TH, THE WORLD WATCHED IN DISBELIEF AND TOOK NEW YORK CITY AND AMERICA INTO THEIR HEARTS WE FELT THE WORLD WRAP IT'S ARMS AROUND US, FORGETTING ALL OUR DIFFERENCES, AS WE CAME TOGETHER AS ONE. ONE WITH THE GRIEF & THE SADNESS. ONE WITH THE CONFUSION & UNCERTAINTY. ONE AS WE REBUILT NOT ONLY THE BUILDINGS BUT ALSO OUR LIVES AND OUR DREAMS.

ONCE AGAIN, THE EYES OF THE WORLD ARE UPON US AS WE WAKE UP TO THE DEVASTATION OF HURRICANE SANDY. AND ONCE AGAIN WE WILL HAVE HURDLES TO CLEAR AND CHALLENGES WE WILL HAVE TO FACE.

WHEN PATIENCE IS LOST... WHEN IT SEEMS HELPLESS... WHEN YOU'RE IN NEED AND YOU FEEL AS IF YOU'RE ALONE... KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE'RE ALL IN THIS. TOGETHER.

WE CAN AND WE WILL REBUILD. WE HAVE PROVEN, TIME AND AGAIN, THAT IT IS THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE THAT DEFINES US. RESILIENCE IS OUR MIDDLE NAME. EVEN MOTHER NATURE IS NO MATCH FOR THAT.

IN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS AHEAD IF YOU ARE ABLE, VOLUNTEER. IF YOU CAN , DONATE. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, WILL MAKE AN IMPACT.

THE DAYS AHEAD ARE GOING TO BE DIFFICULT. BUT THERE IS NO CHALLENGE THAT WE CAN'T MEET TOGETHER. THIS IS WHO WE ARE... AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO AS NEW YORKERS, AS NEW JERSEY-ANS... AND AS AMERICANS.

WE HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN NEED.
WE MAY NOT HAVE ELECTRICITY BUT WE HAVE POWER...

-Jon Bon Jovi

Related Stories: News, 2012

17 Comments (Showing 1-10 of 17)

BevFan

Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/15/12
    Posted 1 year ago by FLOWER

Id really like to help. Im on the other side of the world (Argentina), so how could i???

Lori
    Female, 30
    Kissimmee, FL
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/08/12
    Posted 1 year ago by Lori

I currently live in Florida, but I was born in NJ. I lived there for 12 years, not far from Newark, and drove through Sayreville often. I have some items I would like to donate to the JBJ Soul Foundation. I see so many addresses listed in this article, and I'm unsure of which address I should mail my items to. Can anyone help me out?

I sent this same message to INFO@JBJSOULFOUNDATION.ORG last night. No reply yet.

I donated $10 to Red Cross last Friday, after watching the NBC telethon.

Cecy
    Female
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/07/12
    Posted 1 year ago by Cecy

Hi, Im from Mexico (Hermosillo, Sonora). I Want to know how can i help, where do i should send some stuff? Food, water, etc... Could you please send me an address, so i can send something? Thank you =)

Nanaof2
    Female
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/06/12
    Posted 1 year ago by Nanaof2

We have a donated tractor trailer full of donated water, pallets of dog food, cleaning products, flashlights, canned goods, clothing, gloves, blankets and much more. We are a small town outside of Atlanta, that wants to donate to New Jersey. Would someone please contact me to let me know where this is most needed. We plan on leaving for New Jersey on Thursday. Thank you for any help.

mimi2grandsons
    Female, 51
    Augusta, ME
    Status
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/06/12
    Posted 1 year ago by mimi2grandsons

Beth N, thank you for sharing scripture and the beautiful prayer!

RoseZ
    Female
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/06/12
    Posted 1 year ago (changed 1 year ago) by RoseZ

I will be contributing $10 from each print of my 'BonJovi. Thru The Years' Portrait Collection, by Chicago Artist Roseann Madia, sold before November 20th, to the Soul Kitchen. The total will be mailed, along with the list of contributors after the 20th. Giving back, and helping rebuild.. Thanks from us all, Jon!

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.420280011357398.114056.412884565430276&type=1

mimi2grandsons
    Female, 51
    Augusta, ME
    Status
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/06/12
    Posted 1 year ago by mimi2grandsons

KarenV, thanks so much for the info! I and several other nurses from Maine came to assist home health/community health nurses in NY who are overwhelmed with the needs of their clients. The Red Cross has been great at providing needed items but it is good to know there is another resource out there, particularly for elderly clients who have limited mobility, etc. Do you happen to know the turnaround time for getting items?

KarenV
    Female
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/06/12
    Posted 1 year ago by KarenV

HomelessConnections allows emergency responders and volunteers to quickly access resources to help those in need and direct them to the closest locations for food, shelter, clothing, medical care, and other services. Simply text 347-354-2508 with your zip code and service need (i.e., 07716, food or 07730, shelter or 07748, clothing or 07755, help).

Help us get the word out to local groups and responders in the field! Thank you.

Beth_N
    Female
    Status
    Just Joined
    Comments So Far
    Last Updated
    11/05/12
    Posted 1 year ago by Beth_N

A prayer for strength and guidance... Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Isaiah 41:10 Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. He will shield you from suffering,or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him and I am helped." Amen My love and prayers to you